In 1932, summer courses were started, given by WIZO's teachers, for madrichot and kindergarten teachers to qualify in the growing of vegetables and flowers. The courses were held at the Pedagogical Institute for Biology, founded by Yehoshua Margolin of Tel Aviv.
In 1931, the Vaad Leumi (National Committee) handed over the general supervision of gardens attached to kindergartens and schools throughout the country, to the Training Department of WIZO. This was, in effect, official and public recognition of the value of the project, and WIZO's monopoly over it.
For the first time, in 1933, the Municipality of Tel Aviv awarded a grant for the work and in 1934, the Municipality included gardening as part of its educational curriculum. This spread to other towns and settlements and gardening was included in the education curriculum in local municipalities.